Warning! Never drill out the Bore of a GR Mouthpiece
- Drilling the throat of a GR Mouthpiece will be destroying the balanced design and creating discontinuities.
- The blow resistance actually does not change much when a mouthpiece is drilled out because if you enlarge the diameter, you also lengthen the Bore.
- The lengthening of the Bore will negate the fact that the diameter is increased.
- If you have a problem with resistance, GR Technologies can calculate the blow resistance and match it to you and your equipment.
- Changing equipment can create a need for a mouthpiece with a different blow resistance.
If your mouthpiece feels and sounds stuffy, you may likely have a problem with your gap.
The Bore must be in perfect balance with all other aspects of the mouthpiece. Blow resistance values for each mouthpiece component must be known to produce a perfectly balanced mouthpiece with an even blow, rich sound, and incredible intonation. Since GR Mouthpiece Technologies is the only mouthpiece manufacturer that calculates blow resistance, you can trust us to provide you with a Bore that is correct for you.